The Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library District is a great place to work. We welcome applicants for posted positions.
Current Job Openings
DEPARTMENT MANAGER – YOUTH SERVICES
Full Time or Part Time: Full Time
Hours: Monday, Wednesday – Friday 9 AM – 5 PM, Tuesday 12 – 8 PM, weekend hours
Salary: Minimum $40,000/year
The Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library District in Hampshire, IL is looking for a creative, motivated, energetic and organized individual with a passion for providing excellent service. Your strong leadership skills will help our Youth Services department build an up-to-date collection, coordinate relevant and interesting programs, and participate in promoting our services to the community. As a member of our Management Team, you’ll work collaboratively to achieve the goals of our Strategic Plan.
• Master’s Degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited school.
• Minimum of one year supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated development of working relationships with staff and other agencies.
• Demonstrated computer/technical expertise.
• Demonstrated programming coordination and promotion.
• Demonstrated youth services collection development.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits: IL Municipal Retirement Fund, health insurance, supplemental insurance available for purchase, life insurance, accruable PTO. Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Deadline: Friday, August 9, 2019, 5 PM
Application Instructions: Download a PDF employment application here. Submit your signed and completed application, cover letter, and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org ; NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.