The Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library District is a great place to work. We welcome applicants for posted positions.
Current Job Openings
Part-Time REFERENCE & INTERLIBRARY LOAN ASSOCIATES
Hours: Average 16 hours/week; Occasional weekend hours
The Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library District in Hampshire, IL is looking for two creative, enthusiastic and organized individuals to provide excellent customer service to our patrons and collaborate with our talented staff.
Associate 1: Mondays 2-8 PM, Wednesdays 9 AM – 3 PM, one Friday 9 AM – 5 PM
Associate 2: Tuesdays 9 AM – 3 PM, Thursdays 2-8 PM, one Friday 9 AM – 5 PM
- Plan, develop and coordinate educational and recreational programs.
- Process Interlibrary Loan requests.
- Copy catalog new materials.
- Work at front service desk, providing reference and reader’s advisory.
- Assist in the use of technology such as computers, e-readers, smart phones, tablets, printer, copier.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to conduct a successful reference interview.
- Knowledge of technology, including computers, software, and e-readers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all ages.
- A team player who contributes to a positive work environment.
- Willingness to learn new skills and procedures; easily adaptable to change.
- Some college – Associates Degree or LTA Certificate preferred.
Recent retirees and students studying in Library Science, Social Work and Education are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: Until filled. Application Note: Print, complete and submit the EJMPLD application here along with a cover letter and resume to: Angel Flores, Adult & Teen Services Manager, PO Box 429, Hampshire, IL 60140 or email to email@example.com with subject line: PT Ref & ILL Associate. No Phone calls, please.
PART-TIME CIRCULATION CLERK
Hours: Tuesday 3 – 8 PM, Thursday 9 AM – 2 PM, Friday 9 AM – 1 PM with Saturday/Sunday rotation
The Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library District in Hampshire, IL has an opening for a part-time CIRCULATION CLERK.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Check in and check out of library materials
- Issue library cards
- Collecting of fines and fees
- Shelving materials
- Reference and Readers’ Advisory services
- Other Front Desk responsibilities, as needed
- Minimum 18 years of age, high school diploma
- Strong computer skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills; ability to work well with others
- College degree or coursework preferred
Application Deadline: Until Filled.
Application Instructions: Print, complete and submit the EJMPLD application along with a resume to:
Kim Alberth, Department Manager-Circulation, PO Box 429, Hampshire, IL 60140 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: PT Circ Clerk Position. No Phone calls, please. Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer.