The Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library District is a great place to work. We welcome all applicants for posted positions. EJMPLD Online Application
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
PT ADULT/TECH SERVICES ASSOCIATE
Full Time or Part Time: Part Time
Hours: Average 16 hours/week; Occasional weekend hours
The Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library District in Hampshire, IL is looking for a detail-oriented, creative, enthusiastic and organized individual to provide excellent customer service to our patrons and collaborate with our talented staff.
Proposed Schedule: Tuesday 10 AM – 5 PM, Wednesday 2 – 8 PM, Friday 12 – 6 PM, and occasional weekend hours.
- Copy catalog new materials.
- Plan, develop and coordinate educational and recreational programs.
- Process Interlibrary Loan requests.
- Work at front service desk, providing reference and reader’s advisory.
- Assist in the use of technology such as computers, e-readers, smart phones, tablets, printer, copier.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge or ability to learn about manipulation of MARC records.
- Ability to conduct a successful reference interview.
- Knowledge of technology, including computers, software, and e-readers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all ages.
- A team player who contributes to a positive work environment.
- Willingness to learn new skills and procedures; easily adaptable to change.
- Some college – Associates Degree or LTA Certificate preferred.
Recent retirees, people with data entry experience and students studying in Library Science are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: Until filled. Application Note: Print, complete and submit the EJMPLD application along with a cover letter and resume to: Phyllis Myers, Adult/Tech Services Dept. Manager, PO Box 429, Hampshire, IL 60140 or email to email@example.com with subject line: ATS Associate.