The Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library District is a great place to work. We welcome all applicants for posted positions. EJMPLD Online Application
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Part-Time, Non-Exempt, $13.00/hour
The Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library District in Hampshire, IL has an opening for a part-time customer-oriented, enthusiastic, and organized individual to provide library services to our patrons and collaborate with our talented staff.
Under the supervision of the Library Services Department Manager, this employee provides cheerful, outstanding service at our front desk and is the first person our patrons see when they come in the front door.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs tasks related to circulation of materials, including: checkout, check in, issuing library cards, and collecting fines/fees.
- Shelves all materials.
- Assists patrons with technology, copiers, fax, computers, and mobile apps.
- Provides reference and reader’s advisory services.
- Other Front Desk responsibilities, as needed
- High school graduate/GED required; some college preferred.
- Strong computer skills with accurate data entry.
- Ability to use effective decision making, interpersonal, and communication abilities with strong public service focus.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to stand, reach, and to lift or push up to 25 pounds, if necessary.
- Associates Degree, LTA Certificate, and/or public library experience preferred.
Recent retirees are encouraged to apply. Please note that schedule flexibility is a requirement of this position. Weekend rotation required.
Application Instructions: Print, complete and submit the EJMPLD application (https://ellajohnsonlibrary.org/about-us/career-opportunities/) along with a resume to: Jennifer Gunn, Library Services Manager, PO Box 429, Hampshire, IL 60140, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: PT Library Services Clerk. No phone calls, please. Ella Johnson Memorial Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer.