EJMPLD provides library services to educators who are employed by a public, private, charter or parochial school within the service area of EJMPLD. Teacher cards allow cardholders to:
- Borrow material from EJMPLD for up to 6 weeks for classroom use, depending on the discretion of the librarian (DVD’s excluded: DVDs may only be checked out for up to 2 weeks).
- Have remote access to EJMPLD research databases and online resources.
- Request materials for classroom use. A “Material Request Form” with instructions can be found below. At least one week’s notice is required.
- Keep personal borrowing needs separate from the borrowing done for classroom use.
- Borrow up to 100 items and put up to 50 items on hold at one time. Some types of materials may be restricted to less.
- Applicants for Teacher cards must present a school ID or other proof of employment. Teacher Card holder is responsible for all materials borrowed on Teacher Card.
- Teacher Cards expire one year after the date issued.
- Teacher Cards are only valid for use at EJMPLD.